Monday, March 09, 2009

Booked!

jeeeeah! Today marks the beginning of the "vendor booking" stage. We haven't had much progress on this part of the wedding planning, but today I am feeling accomplished! I just sent in a check for something I am sooo excited for. Hey you, Felipe-face, don't go dump me anytime soon. At least not for the next 8 months, k? thx!
(juuuus kidding)

So, do our peoples have a table to sit at and seats to sit on?
Nope.

Do they gots a coordinator person telling them where to go, where to stand, and what to do?
hmm...prolly not.

Food?
FALSE.

But, hey, it's all good in tha hood cuz they have music!!!

Our peoples will be dancing to the sounds of the Susie Hansen Latin Band:


(Source: YouTube)
((Sorry that the video is super long. There's not much out there to share.))

I've heard their name tossed around in the past, but the first time I saw them live and in action was at a BrideWorld show several months ago. I loved them from the start. After months of debating whether we could fit them in our budget, it finally worked out. Everyone has their "splurge," right? I guess this is ours. It's totally worth it for us, though. They will act as our emcees (in both English and Spanish - score!), work with us to create a schedule for the reception and make sure the party is going as planned, and most importantly - keep our peoples entertained.

Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I loooooove dancing. And I looooove salsa/merengue/cumbias/ANY latin music. If allowed, I would be the first person on any dance floor and the last person off regardless of how much of a fool I look. The mister, on the other hand, isn't as crazy about it as I am. It's still all good, tho. I love that he understands my obsessive dancing tendencies when I hear a good jam. He is such a good sport and although he won't admit it, he's a pretty badass dancer. I know we are going to have so much fun partying it up at the reception. woop woop!!

Do you have a wedding splurge? Anything you have got to, got to, got to have??

1 comment:

Kristie said...

The band sounds awesome!!!! Great choice!!!