Monday, August 14, 2006

Lunch Break

So I thought I'd take advantage of my lunch time in the office to give you all a little update. Lunch time makes me happy, so this shall be a happy post :)

Happy Thursday, by the way! That means only one more day until the weekend..woo hoo! I have learned to appreciate and fully savor my weekends as a result of working. Last weekend was spent with my one and only. The Los Angeles Arboretum in Arcadia holds summer concert series every other Saturday with the California Philharmonic. So Felipe and I got lawn tickets for the concert (the theme for that evening happened to be "Phantom Goes to the Opera.") We left early to make a pit stop at Whole Foods (my fav grocery store) to stock up on goodies and of course wine. So we had our little picnic and listened to classical music composed by Andrey Lloyd Webber. It turned out to be a perfect summer evening and date!



Relaxing on the lawn before the show starts.
Here is Felipe with our picnic - Argentinian wine, cheese, bread, pasta, mangoes in raspberry sauce, and tiramisu creme brulee..all of which constitute the perfect picnic!







If you've never paid a visit to the Los Angeles arboretum, I highly suggest it -especially during the summer when the weather is at its best!
After the concert ended, we headed back to downtown LA. We stayed at the Bonaventure Hotel - I love their elevators, and the hotel itself is simply classic.
We spent Sunday driving around Beverly Hills and ended up finding this sweet park in the middle of the city. I couldn't resist the temptation to take some cheesy couple shots...hehe











Later that night, I went back to Stevens Steak House with my Mom for my weekly dose of salsa dancing. Monday began the weekly grind...but I like to keep myself busy so that the days go by quicker. I hit up the gym every day after work, and then I try to go out to dinner with friends for some catching up. On Tuesday I went to Chilis with my 2 honeys, Becca and Jon! They are the best and I love talking to them :) Yesterday I got a phone call from my good friend Antonio. We were both in the CAHSEE internship in Washington DC two summers ago. He called me because he was in the area for work, so I headed over to Anaheim last night to grab some dinner at the Yardhouse. YaY, I always enjoy meeting up with old friends that I haven't seen for a long time! So that was very cool.

My dear ex-roomie-of-4-years, Kim, is back in town after spending 2 months in Paraguay. So tonight we have planned an outing to Cafe Sevilla in Long Beach for tapas, sangria, and most importantly - salsa dancing! I hear that place is awesome on Thursday nights, and I am so excited to go! Can't wait till 5pm!!! Ahh Kimmay will be leaving again in about two weeks to spend her year abroad in Greece and France....sooo jealous. I really need to start doing some traveling of my own. After my 6 month period of no vacation days are up, I finally start to get my well-deseved time off. Ehh...but I have to wait until the end of November. I plan on spending lots of money on traveling because you're only young once and one of my philosophies on life is that one should travel young. We've gotta take advantage that we still have our youthful energy! Hmmm...I am definitely planning to take two big trips within the next year. I'm thinking about visiting Kim in Greece or Paris. And when Felipe graduates from his Masters program next year, we're for sure vacationing somewhere. Maybe South America for that one...

For the meantime, my regular weekend trips will have to suffice. I've done Vegas and San Francisco so far this summer. Coming up will be Ensenada for Labor Day weekend and San Francisco again at the end of September!! Woo Hoo!

Stay tuned for more updates!

1 comment:

Adrian L said...

i live in pasadena and "work" (i'm actually going to grad school...at this point, school seems like work) at SC. so i have a LONG commute. the apple store is on colorado on the opposite side near 21 choices. hope to see you soon!!!